To efficiently scale your business, you must keep your SaaS churn rate low and constantly strive to improve Customer Success, reduce churn, improve customer retention, and growth Customer Lifetime Value (LTV).
I put together this list of my best resources to help you keep your customers and grow your SaaS business.
SaaS Churn and it’s Effect on Growth and Profitability
A SaaS business – or any company that leverages a recurring revenue business model – has the benefit of making a sale one time and generating revenue from that one-time sale for some time to come in the future. Many B2B SaaS companies have customer lifetimes of 24 months, 36 months,… and beyond.
Those successful SaaS companies don’t get customers to stick around for years by accident… they work hard to reduce SaaS churn and understand customer retention is key to the success of their chosen business model.
Here are some posts that talk about why it is required to keep your SaaS churn rate to a minimum.
- Customer Success: The Definitive Guide
- In Customer Success: Context. Is. Everything.
- 5 Ways to Drive Subscription Growth By Focusing On Customer Success
- Measure Revenue or Customer Retention?
- SaaS Churn Rate: What’s Acceptable?
- SaaS Churn Rate: Go Negative with Expansion Revenue
- SaaS Providers: Growth Requires Proactive Customer Retention
- Ongoing Realization of Value is the Key to SaaS Customer Retention
- Churn kills Growth; Customer Retention is a Growth Accelerator
- For SaaS Companies, Customer Retention is the key to Long-term Profitability
Tactical Methods of Reducing SaaS Churn
It’s all well and good to know why you need to keep SaaS churn to a minimum… but how do you do it?
These posts go into the tactics that I’ve found successful in helping SaaS companies drive down their SaaS churn rate and improve their customer retention.
I can’t tell you if these ideas are directly applicable to your SaaS business – we should probably talk about that – but these posts will hopefully get you thinking and start moving you in the right direction.
- Do the Right Thing (and fight the Zombies)
- 22 Ways to Reduce Churn with Growth Hacking
- Best Practices for Dealing with Unplanned Outages
- Engagement is the key to lowering SaaS Churn
- SaaS Churn Threats: Identify and Retain At-Risk Customers
- SaaS Churn Rate Reduction Starts with Attracting the Right Customers
- SaaS Churn Rate Improvement: Monitor and Drive Engagement
- My EVIL Method to Improve Customer Retention
- The Secret to Improving Customer Retention
- Use Customer Support to Increase Revenue
Let’s Improve your SaaS Churn Rate
For immediate consultation and advice on all things SaaS, schedule a 60-minute meeting with me via Clarity. If you feel a more involved engagement is required for me to help you, email me with the specifics of your situation (as much detail as you’re comfortable giving) and we’ll setup a meeting to work through the particulars.