Before you watch this video, you should watch the 25-minute Beta Testing & Pricing: A Hazardous Combination video for better context.
In 2011 I pulled together this ~35 minute presentation for a group of SaaS entrepreneurs – literally overnight – where I explore the marketing sites of around 25 SaaS & Web App startups in Beta.
I show and talk about many of the things they’re doing could lead to a bad Beta exit, including the publication of prices. While I covered most of the pitfalls and problems to avoid in my Beta Testing & Pricing video presentation, these examples will really help you see what I was talking about.
Do you prefer to listen on the go? Download the .mp3 audio file (34MB) here.
Remember, you should watch the 25-minute Beta Testing & Pricing: A Hazardous Combination video for better context.
Examples Used in the Video
Many of these are different now – it’s been a long time – but I wanted you to have the links anyway. Might be interesting to compare where they are now with what they were doing while in Beta.
- http://www.ilocator.com/ <== the page I show in the video isn’t there anymore
- https://loglineapp.com/ <== the page I show in the video isn’t there anymore
- LookStat appears to be gone completely
- http://www.adealy.com/ <== the page I show in the video isn’t there anymore
- Teamly took that blog post down about their upcoming price changes…
- http://www.briefix.com/ <== closed due to ‘lack of traction’
- http://getprivatepractice.com/ <== the page I show in the video isn’t there anymore
I hope this helps you avoid some of the pitfalls others have encountered as you get your venture off the ground!